Friday, September 14, 2007

"See you in 2 years!"

After a long week of good-byes in MD, NJ, and Philly, I'm back in Ohio and packing for the next 2 years (I leave in 3 days!!!!!) So what do you pack for 27 months in the South Pacific???

Here's what I have so far:
  • 4 t-shirts
  • 5 tank tops
  • 7 skirts
  • 2 Bermuda shorts
  • 2 pants
  • 3 dress shirts
  • 3 dresses
  • socks/underwear
  • bandannas (essential for that "peace corps" look)
  • lots of flip-flops
  • tennis shoes
  • fleece/sweatshirt
  • rain jacket
  • wide-brimmed hat
  • ~9 books
  • journal
  • address book
  • envelopes and paper
  • solar charger
  • ipod
  • speakers
  • rechargeable batteries
  • digital camera
  • 3 memory cards
  • world and u.s. maps
  • mini world globe (!!!!)
  • sketch pad
  • toiletries
  • photo album of family and friends
  • led headlamp
  • utility knife
  • spatula
  • playing cards
  • 2 quick-dry towels
  • travel scrabble
  • gifts for my host families

I have yet to pack it all into my giant backpack, so wish me luck!

On September 18, me and Elin (fellow volunteer and Ohioan) fly to LAX for a 2-day staging event with 21 other Vanuatu volunteers. Then on September 20, we all fly to Aukland, NZ and finally to Port Vila, the capital of Vanuatu. After a few days there, we all get to live with a different host family for 2 months. After 10 weeks of training, we get our official 2-year assignment, so I will update my address again! Until then, my address is posted to the right of the posts. I hope I get lots of mail!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol buy tramadol with cod - tramadol online overnight saturday delivery